What We Believe as Lutherans
- God sent His loved Son, Jesus Christ, to take away all the world's guilt. He rescues us from sin, death, and the power of the devil. He did this for us through His spotless life, death and rising to life again. John 3:16.
- All people are bent by evil (original sin), broken and dying. We would stand under the judgment of God, as St. Paul writes, "The wages sin pays is death." Romans 6:23.
- Life fresh and forever is our free gift from God. His Spirit gives us faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord "for me." So Paul also wrote in Romans 6:23, "the gift God freely gives is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord."
- The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God. The Bible's primary purpose is to reveal to us Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of our lives. 2 Timothy 3:14-17.
- A person is justified (made right in the eyes of God) by His grace alone, received through faith alone, in the person and work of Jesus Christ alone! Ephesians 2:8-10.
To find our more about our faith in Jesus, and our nation-wided network of sister churches (The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod), please visit: http://www.lcms.org
Pastor Stephen Gaulke, M. Div.