- God sent His loved Son, Jesus Christ, to take away all the world’s guilt. He rescues us from sin, death, and the power of the devil. He did this for us through His spotless life, death and rising to life again. John 3:16.
- All people are bent by evil (original sin), broken and dying. We would stand under the judgment of God, as St. Paul writes, “The wages sin pays is death.” Romans 6:23.
- Life fresh and forever is our free gift from God. His Spirit gives us faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord “for me.” So Paul also wrote in Romans 6:23, “the gift God freely gives is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- The Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God. The Bible’s primary purpose is to reveal to us Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of our lives. 2 Timothy 3:14-17.
- A person is justified (made right in God’s sight) by His grace alone, received through faith alone, in the person and work of Jesus Christ alone! Ephesians 2:8-10
The mission of Concordia is
to share Jesusâ harmony (âconcordiaâ) with the heart of Sarasota.
Jesus comes to us in worship,
giving to us His Good News for sharing and His love for caring!
Jesus comes to us
in worship (Jesus is our harmony!),
giving to us His Good News (His Word for us, education)
for sharing (His Word for all, outreach),
and His love (His deeds among us, fellowship)
for caring. (deeds for others, service).
To find our more about our faith in Jesus, and our nation-wided network of sister churches (The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod), please visit: http://www.lcms.org
Pastor Stephen Gaulke, M. Div.